Friday, April 18, 2014

Cadbury Nails!

Hi there!

So, this is my first blog post! I've been obsessed with nail styles for as long as I can remember - in fact I can't remember the last time I didn't have some sort of polish or design on my nails! So, I thought I'd do a nice and simple first post for my blog - just a basic design that I was fiddling about with the other day :)

I first started by applying a base coat (I use 2in1 Strengthener & Hardener by Collection). I quite like this base coat as it does the job really well, and it's also super cheap at £2.99, and it's 12ml so you get quite a lot!

I then applied the base polish, which is e.l.f. in Purple Dream. I used two thin coats for this, as the colour is quite bold, so you could probably even get away with using one thicker coat. However, as it's a metallic it can be a little streaky, but with precise application you'll be fine :) (this is why I recommend doing two thin coats - it means there's less chance of streakiness).

Here's a picture of the purple on its own. I realised as I applied it that it was the perfect Cadbury purple, and if you know me then you'll know that I'm never more than about two metres away from a bar of chocolate, so I just had to show the swatch of it next to the bar! It's crazy how identical they are!



After this, I then used Maybelline's White Splatter, from the Color Show Street Artist collection. I applied it to the tips of each nail, trying to stick to the candy theme of the polish by making them look like they had been dipped in sprinkles! The polish definitely has attitude and makes a statement! It consists of blue and purple shiny pieces, alongside matte white ones in both small and large, along with white confetti strands.



I had to use flash for these photos as my bedroom can get pretty dark! So that's why the purple looks a touch brighter.



I then applied a layer of top coat to smooth out the glitter, as the strands have a tendency to stick out.

Overall I thought this was a really cute style. It was simple and quick to do, and made good use of a couple of polishes I had not used as much. I'm not really a purple person, but this shade is just so gorgeous! I actually have quite a few purple shimmers in my box, and while I don't use them all the time, this one is definitely my favourite! And the glitter coat is super fierce too!

Polish Names, Prices and Suppliers


2in1 Strengthener & Hardener by Collection - £2.99 from Boots
e.l.f. Nail Polish in Purple Dream - £2.50 from www.eyeslipsface.co.uk
Maybelline Color Show Street Artist in White Splatter - £3.99 from Boots


No comments:

Post a Comment